Process of Art

Art is a continuing process. For me there is always another way to learn how to work with a media whether it is oil, graphite, acrylic or pastel. New surfaces to work with and different mediums to make the things work differently sometimes smoother more refined sometimes with more brushstrokes or lines.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Morning Pick



Our usual Saturday begins with breakfast at one of favorite spots and then off to the farmers market in Hillcrest to visit with our favorite vendors and purchase fresh produce and flowers for the week. 
This sweet hardworking young lady from Rattle's Garden is beautiful and we frequent her stand. A couple of years ago she had a bumper crop of limelight hydrangeas which she was selling. I had brought my small camera that day and asked her if I could snap a few pictures while she was gathering up my bunch of flowers. This is a sweet memory for me and I have been wanting to paint it for quite some time. "Morning Pick" 16 x 12 oil on linen panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment